You still have a few days left to celebrate National Pizza Month! I know what you’re thinking: isn’t every month National Pizza Month if you just believe in yourself? That’s true, but since October is the official month of celebration it’s the perfect time to make your pizza love known to everyone around you.
October became National Pizza Month back in 1987 when Pizza Today Magazine launched its first issue. Is there any other connection between pizza and October? Halloween is one of the top 3 pizza delivery nights of the year, so that’s something. And I was born in October, so that’s another loose thread. Beyond that, it’s entirely arbitrary. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t party big time!
In honor of the most glorious month of the year, here’s a list of things you can do to celebrate:
Pizza Month Ideas
- Make pizza at home! Have you tried our dough recipe? It’s also on the second-to-last page of your Pocket Pizza Journal. Easy and delicious.
- Visit a new pizzeria! I love following my friend Sean Taylor, who visits a different pizzerias every day of October.
- Send pizza to a local shelter! Our nonprofit Slice Out Hunger has a program called Pie It Forward that lets you gift a pizza delivery to a local shelter or soup kitchen in honor of your favorite pizza lover. It’s a perfect gift.
- Listen to a Pizza Podcast! There have been so many good ones lately, including Pizza Pod Party, Dough Dynasty, and Pie To Pie.
- Take a pizza tour! Of course we run NYC pizza tours, but our friends run Chicago Pizza Tours, Milwaukee Pizza Tours, NJ Pizza Tours, Portland Pizza Tours, and even Buenos Aires Pizza Tours!